This is going to be another long post...
High School Girls
Volume 1 - 9: links removed
Here is the complete series. I scanned v1-7 again because I didn't like the quality from SaD and thought I could do a better job. Especially in their earlier volumes they had some pretty noticeable bleed-through (do you call it that?), which bothered me, while reading them. Of course their version is still readable and my scans looked worse not so long ago but still, if I think I can do it better, why not just do it? My volume 1 and 3 are scanned from a different edition but I dunno if there were any changes, maybe some spelling mistakes corrected or something like that, if anything...
Working on these was pretty easy and took me about three days. Now I have practically everything I do saved as an action in Photoshop, which I can use with a single key (or maybe two, when I have to use Shift+ or Ctrl+). Here a little run-down on my current scanning process:
First comes the scan, obviously, which takes me about 1h per book. The scanned images are directly saved on my HDD as a TIF file (600dpi with around 16MB per pic). Then I run the pictures through a PS action which flips the pages over to the side (landscape mode) and crops most of the black borders (now about 12MB and still a .tif). Then I manually crop the rest of the borders by clipping a bit of the canvas in 1%, .5% or .1% steps (much easier than selection with the mouse and then crop but I dunno if it's faster, size is 11MB and .psd). This took me under 1h per book with this series, I think I'm getting used to it. Now most of the work is done. I flip the pages back to portrait mode, set the levels (everything as a batch action, when the levels are done, the size drops drastically, 2-7MB now, .psd). For this I just have to wait, 6-8 minutes per book. Then I check everything again and just let the resizing and saving actions run through (now 96dpi and PNG for grayscale, takes maybe 10 minutes per book, size is mostly 200-300kb for the 1200px H version or 300-700kb for the 1280px W version, JPG files of the color pages aren't really bigger). The last steps are renaming the files, adding everything to a .rar and uploading it but I tell you, uploading alone of these books took over 4h...
Now that I have this finally finished, what is going to be next? Well, first there is one new volume each of two of my other ongoing projects (Honey and Clover and Venus Versus Virus, both v6). But after that? Well I told you I'm finishing up my Future Projects List and there are only three more to go (I really have to update the pages but I'm just too lazy) and you will decide which will be released when. In a few days I'll post a poll and you can vote, what you want to see first, what after that, etc. I plan to do this always from now on, post a couple of series that I have in a poll and just let you decide, what will be released next.
I have still something here, that I wanted to release earlier or together with this. A scan of the Oh My Goddess Novel that I did while playing around with some OCR. Basically it's ready to be released but I still have some formatting issues that I want to fix, before really shareing it (cosmetic stuff, more or less...) but maybe when I put up the poll I'll have it ready, you'll see.
PS: I'm now at over 500 manga here. More than half is in German but that should be changing soon.