April 8, 2010

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...

Once again, the most important day of all has come! Sooo....let's celebrate this glorious occasion with a shitload of manga!

It's even better than last year! So let's get this started:



GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Right from the beginning: the 1280W versions are going to be hosted on MegaUpload from now on.

Now to GA...I've got nothing...I haven't read this series yet but will do so soon. You might have noticed in v01, the translation notes aren't in the proper order but that's how it was printed, I didn't make any errors here. It's the same in this volume. If you want, you can just rename the files...



Honey and Clover

Volume 8: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 9: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Only one more! I haven't read v6-9 yet and I'll wait till v10 is out (June or July I believe). You'll just have to wait a little longer for the ending.



Venus Versus Virus

Volume 7: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 8: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Another series finished! Again, I haven't read the last books yet, after v05 my interest dropped but I pretty much know how it's ending since I involuntarily saw most of the key scenes while scanning these...oh well...



Hell Girl

Volume 6: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Apparently all students are bullies in Japan...oh yeah, I don't know when v07 is going to be out.

Edit: I just noticed three pages (p000b, p000d, p000f) are upside down...why didn't anybody tell me...I'm reuploading it



Mao-chan

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

These are huge! 400 pages each.  Actually they were 4 books but Del Rey just released them in 2 omnibus volumes (or whatever you call them...). The 1280W version are 250MB each, one of the reasons I don't use RS anymore for these.



Otomen

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 3: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 4: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 5: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

I know I Eat Manga released two chapters and are possibly still working on this but honestly I don't care. I love this series, so I scanned it...that's it.



The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 3: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 4: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 5: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Luckily v4-5 came on time, so you have some new stuff to read since S^3 released v1-3 in it's entirety in the past (which I didn't realize until I started working on this). I don't really like the manga but I love the novel, so I'm scanning this.



Gin Tama (aka Gintama)

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 3: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 4: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 5: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 6: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 7: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 8: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 9: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 10: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 11: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 12: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 13: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 14: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 15: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 16: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 17: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Now we're talking! 17 volumes of this great manga! I laughed my tits of reading this but I think it's got too many serious arcs in the later volumes (I'm talking about the English releases by Viz, I'm not reading scanlations yet, since there are still too many missing chapters). v18 is already pre-ordered (comes out in May) so at least that one shouldn't take too long for me to release.



Sumomomo Momomo

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

I've watched the anime some time ago (2008 I think) and liked it. Ever since then I've wanted to read the manga and now I finally have it but still haven't read it...yet!



Lucky Star

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W | 4900px H

Volume 2: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W | 4900px H

Volume 3: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W | 4900px H

Volume 4: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W | 4900px H

This is basically the reason I "came back" to scanning. In February I decided to watch the Lucky Star anime again and after that I spontaneously bought v3-4 of this (really, I watched the anime in two days, finished it at 2 am and decided to buy the books because I wanted to get moar). While reading them I thought about scanning them and so I did...along with all the other crap I had lying around...ALL HAIL LUCKY STAR!

I also did a insanely high resolution version of this. It's ridiculously huge with sizes between 390 and 460MB per book, the resolution is based on a height of 4900px. It really is just for fun and doesn't serve any real purpose but you can probably see all the dust and dirt that was on the scanner! Awesome!



Onegai Twins

Volume 1: MU | MF | RS | 1280px W

Oh man, this takes me back! This is the first manga I scanned back in...fuck I forgot! I think it was 2007...so the old scans look crappy, I didn't know anything...they weren't even in B/W (or grayscale)...I wanted to rescan it for a long time and actually scanned this August last year...then I had those scans sitting around on my hard drive till March when I finally finished it...and now it's here!

Holy shit! 42 books with only one rescan!

That's it for the releases...now some information:

Out of all my projects Lucky Star has the top priority. I'll probably buy Honey and Clover and Mushishi pretty soon after their last volume gets out and finish these. Otomen and Gin Tama I'm gonna keep buying not long after a book gets published. Sumomomo Momomo and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are low priority, I'll buy them when I feel like it. Stuff like Yozakura Quartet, Hell Girl, My Heavenly Hockey Club or Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, where I've got no information on the next volume, I obviously can't tell you anything (but I'll tell you if there's any news or maybe you can leave a comment if you know something).

Now to new series: I'll buy Doujin Work next. After that it's We Were There (Bokura ga ita). After that, I dunno, maybe Sunshine Sketch (Hidamari Sketch) but I'm not gonna scan it since Highlanders is still actively scanlating this (probably even in a better quality). I have La Corda d'Oro here at home up to v11 and will probably scan these, even though those are already done, just to get some consistent, good quality out (haven't read the scanlations, just checked a few here and there and the quality varies pretty much). Oh yeah, I have no idea when all of this is going to happen, so don't ask.

Then some rescans: I want to get Girls Bravo and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase out. Since there isn't much to do for me in April or May (not many new books to buy/scan) I'll slowly work on these. Everything else I released before FMP Overload will have to wait but I won't forget them.

Oh yeah, there is another release...



Oh My Goddess -First End-

Download: Get the new version here

It's the OMG novel. I've had this on my computer for over 1/2 year now, almost ready for release...I just had some formatting problems with the ToC and I had to rescan the illustrations. Well, this is finally done, so here you go! It looks fine in the OCR program but when I create the PDF file all those formatting issues pop up which I have to fix with the TouchUp tool in Acrobat and this sucks...if anybody has more knowledge than me, maybe you can help me making it look better (I'm using ABBYY FineReader for the OCR).

It would be possible to release some more light novels but I don't know yet, it's a huge pain in the ass...I might work on the Onegai Twins novels since they are pretty short but don't expect anything.

That's it...pretty long post, a ton of releases, what could you want more!

Now let the C&D's come in!

Enjoy

PS: The release numbering should now be at #200! Yay

68 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, Lucky Star! I just started reading the manga yesterday because I was reminiscing about the anime. Thanks a lot!

    Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday
    Long live senfgurke2

    ReplyDelete
  5. KinomiyaMichiru08 April, 2010 14:27

    Happy Birthday! I hope your special day goes well.
    And,thanks so much for the mega-release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! And... WOAH! A Spantabulous amount of manga to peruse! Yeah! It's like it's actually OUR brithday and not yours! Weeeeeee. Now where's the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day and thanks a lot for your shares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah. god bless you. thank you very much! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL! It took me hours to download these all! I even reached MU's download limit! (I downloaded biggest versions)

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday!!!!
    that is indeed a ton of manga.... much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Gintama! YAY! XD;; Thank you so much and oh, happy birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy B'day! and thank you so much for sharing the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! *Celebration* Hope you have a lot of fun!! You've definately made my day with all this wondeful manga!

    BTW, I also LOVE Bones, though I haven't watched from the beginning, but it's a really fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy happy birthday gurke! you are a great person for doing this.. ESPECIALLY... ALL THOSE BEEEAUTYFUL GINTAMA RELEASES *drool* i cant believe how lucky we are to have you :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday man,...
    now that's sure a lot.,..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's what you call a blast^^
    Happy Birthday to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!!!

    Thanks for the novel, I guess this is probobly the fast English scanned light novel :) really happy to see at least some of this to popup. However personally I truly hate PDF so will rip it out as .txt :) but thx for the work anyway. If possible however for the future if you do release more light novel, release them as html or just pure text + pics as well as an PDF, not everyone like to read within acrobat reader as it's seriously tedious.

    But keep the good work up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanted to release them as html or plain text but I don't know how to remove the headers (page numbers, author and title) that are on most pages and I'm too lazy to do it by hand. But with the formatting issues that occurred while creating the PDF I might just sit down and do it. I'm not really satisfied but I finished it yesterday night because I forgot about it and wanted to get it out today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! And Happy Birthday, Yayayay !!! *pops champagne* Wooot! ...or apple cider, your choice =p

    Thank You sooo much for all that you are sharing on *your* birthday !!! *hugglz*

    Luv,
    GiggLz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the scans! Finally I'll be able to read the missing Gintama chapters.

    Oh, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday! Great scans as always. I know that you probably don't take requests but I think that you'd really like this series http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12869 Stell Fist Riku from CMX. I've only read the first volume and am just dying to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! Thank you for sharing OTOMEN! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. See, whou wouldn't celebrate the day when a person willing to share this much with others was born?
    May this year make at least one of your dreams come true.
    Thanks for the shares.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Sir
    you have my thanks for releasing Oh My Goddess novel . this is my first light novel and i like what i see in this novel. you have to go through a lot for releasing this novel . your effort is really appreciated and WISH YOU A VERY HAPPPPPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAY .

    ReplyDelete
  27. glad to have you back sire!! (*^^)>

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Belated Birthday! And thanks for the scans! Taking Otomen ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy birthday! You are a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy birthday!!! Thank you very much for your generosity in sharing all your collection not only this year but in the past years as well. Have a lovely birthday! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday!!
    And thank you so much for the scans, I've been waiting months for Honey & Clover!
    You're awesome and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for all the time you spent on this huge release, but I'm especially grateful for Honey & Clover! Thank you and, above all,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *,"\^0^/,'"

    *huggles tightly*

    ReplyDelete
  33. My God, it's full of stars.....

    What an awesome update. Many happy returns for your birthday and thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  34. WooHOHOHOHOHOHO~! Happy birthday! :D

    and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the releases :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Birthday!
    Und vielen Dank für Mangas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Birtday! Thank you very much for such a huge bunch of scans!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for all the scans! I'm super stoked on Honey and Clover. I can't wait for the last volume! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  38. sugata_sanshiro12 April, 2010 22:55

    Happy Birthday! Thanks for the scans. Also links to Hell Girl volumes 1-5 in 1280px, Kamikaze v1-7 in 1280px, Hitohira v1 1280px, My Heavenly Hockey Club v1-7 1280px, Yozakura Quartet v2, v5 1280px are dead

    ReplyDelete
  39. The links in their respective posts are dead but I reuploaded them all and posted the links in a new post
    http://senfgurke2.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/rapidshare-link-dump/

    ReplyDelete
  40. sugata_sanshiro13 April, 2010 00:16

    Thank you. I have missed that post

    ReplyDelete
  41. Whoa! Thanks for huge Gintama release :) And Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy birthday
    Thanks a lot for this, especially for GA v2, I really love that manga. Lucky Star and more Honey and Clover was nice as well and now you say you’ll do Doujin Work next? THANKS A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Doujin Work shouldn't take that long. I already ordered it, it might get delivered this month and I'm gonna work on that pretty quick (volumes 1-4). Re-scans of old releases will be delayed (even though I said I will work on those next).

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Birthday Senfgurke........and very2 thank you for the huge omgwtfpwndbbq release of manga >xD

    btw why when i dl the file from MF sometimes its not download the file but just some html document...anybody know about this??

    ReplyDelete
  45. Did you download with a download manager? This could be the reason. What if you redownload the file? Same problem? I haven't tested any of the MF links because jdownloader had some problems with them (always asking for a password...). I'll look into it, if it's a problem with a file I'll reupload.

    ReplyDelete
  46. yeah...i dl the file using Internet Download Manager....at first i can download the file and i queue almost to much file.....and until now i cant dl Gintama manga its output is always html document now >.>a

    ReplyDelete
  47. I've downloaded all the files from MF and just one gave me a problem, Gin Tama v01 had a CRC error, I'll reupload that one. So I think the problem should be on your side (the fact, that nobody else reported any problems should also be an indication for that).

    ReplyDelete
  48. hmm, still i dont know whats wrong in my side...its just sometimes its happen when i dl from MF.... =_=a and when its happen it will be a loooong time before i can dl the file again >.<

    ReplyDelete
  49. Use the mirrors or maybe not using a download manager could help (though I've used DownThemAll to download some files and everything was fine).

    ReplyDelete
  50. ok will try that.......ty

    ReplyDelete
  51. umm...senf, sumomo v2 is actually v1 i dl the MF files....can u check it plis

    ReplyDelete
  52. i test again it seem im wrong....

    but how can i dl 2 vol of sumomo and all of them is v1 ( teh ouput is writen v1 and v2 but when i opened the v2 it is v1 >xD ) >.>a......sorry

    ReplyDelete
  53. All 8 links for the two volumes show the right file name. I've downloaded them from MF right now...no problems, everything is how it should be.
    Since I never had a problem like yours I can't really tell you what to do. Maybe you can try deleting all the cookies from this site or try another internet browser (I'm using Firefox and don't have any problems with the downloads)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Happy birthday!

    I was wondering if you want to continue the manga Tsukuyomi Moon Phase?

    the manga is very good, I'm anxiously waiting the last volumes of this manga ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  55. There is no release date for v13 so I can't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Happy birthday!! :)

    And thank you for Jigoku Shoujo :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Happy birthday! I´m not so original

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love you~ Happy birthday~ thank you so much~~~ o(^O^)o

    ReplyDelete
  59. hohoho :)) so happy :D i love you guys. thanks a million :D you're the greatest. nice that you came back ^^.

    ah btw, Happy birthday ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Happy birthday and thanks a lot for the releases.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I've been waiting so long for honey and clover volumes!!snif :'(. Thanks a lot for scanned them and although it's a little late, Happy birthday senfgurke. I hope you've had a great day :).

    ReplyDelete
  62. Downloaded Otomen and Lucky Star. Thanks so much for the scanning effort and sharing them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thank's for the scans! Taking Otomen.

    ReplyDelete
  64. http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=226

    ReplyDelete
  65. Happy birthday and best wishes!!!! And thank you thank you so much for sharing manga - specularly Ottomen!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thank you for the big uploads.
    You are the best.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  67. thank you thank you for scanning Otomen. I love the series.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I've stumbled across your site thanks to Google and my want to read Hell Girl vol. 6. My library carried it up to vol. 5 then refused to by 6 when it came out. I'm guessing they'll refuse to by 7+ as well. I'm hoping you'll continue the trend and post that too when it comes out.

    And just an FYI - according to Amazon.com, Hell Girl vol 7/8/9 (all 3 in one) looks to be released at the end of Oct. this year.
    http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Girl-7-8-9/dp/0345512200/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280188884&sr=8-2

    Del Rey's website:
    http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345512208

    ReplyDelete