November 11, 2011

Release - Yotsuba&!, Hetalia, Moribito

Let's address a past error first: I just noticed Sumomomo v07 files have the wrong names, I put in one 'mo' too much...not really a big deal but nevertheless I'll fix this and upload new files today or tomorrow. Now on to the stuff you really came for!

Special releases today! Let's start with everyone's favorite Yotsuba&!


Yotsuba&!

Volume 10: 2000px H MU | 2000px H MF | 4400px H MU | 4400px H MF

Note: Please use the MegaUpload links as much as possible so I can get a month or two of free premium service some day.

This will most likely be the last release of this series for quite some time. v11 is only getting released in Japan this month and who knows how long Yen Press will take. You can just get the latest scanlations though if you don't want to wait for my stuff, check out M-U or go directly to Yotsuba Scans for c70+.
Imo this was the funniest volume so far, I was laughing my tits off the whole time...oh man...

There's still some more releases so let's get right to the next one: Hetalia!


Hetalia Axis Power

Volume 1: 2000px H MU | 2000px H MF | 4400px H MU | 4400px H MF

I got the scans earlier this week from Kickthekitty's site and decided to edit them. Again it's a series I've been interested in a long time (like almost all the stuff from Kickthekitty I've edited in the past) and I don't really know why I never bought it myself, probably because it's Tokyopop...
Awesome scans and I was done pretty quickly, very nice to work with. Really, great scans as always.
Raw scans of the covers are included for your viewing pleasure.

A small note on Random Scans/Kickthekitty, they're moving soon because apparently Wordpress is being a bitch (again) and now they will be on Blogspot, so be sure to update your bookmarks, links, RSS feeds or whatever once they're done if you're following their releases. I'll update all the links on this site later too.

Next up: Moribito!


Moribito

Volume 1 - Guardian of the Spirit: v2.0 MU | v2.0 MF
Volume 2 - Guardian of the Darkness: v2.0 MU | v2.0 MF
Covers High-Res: MU | MF

I finally stopped procrastinating for 5 minutes and finished this.
For the first volume the most visible change is the PDF, it's vastly improved. I tried to mimic the look of the original book as much as possible. The fonts should be the same and the style and format is similar. I also did some proofing, well more comparison, to find missing line breaks or stuff like that. While there weren't many missing breaks, maybe half a dozen, I corrected dozens of missing italic parts (sentences that were supposed to be in italic but were messed up during OCR and came out normal). No big deal but of course, as a very smart move on my side, I did it after I finished everything else...more as an afterthought...well...just a few hours of work that could've easily been avoided. I still don't think it's 100% perfect and free of errors but it's much better than before.
I basically did the same things with the second volume, so both should look the same so I won't get into detail. I just had to re-do the PDF multiple times always changing and correcting small things, it was a pain in the ass. On that note I'd like to thank a friend of mine (who will never read this) who had to endure all the samples I send him and provided valuable feedback.

I've tested the files on different devices, the PDF and EPUB on an iPad, PDF and MOBI on a Kindle DX and all four on my computer of course...while I didn't check everything 100%, I skimmed over the files, clicked a few bookmark links, whatever, and didn't have problems but if you notice anything please leave a comment.

Last but not least something about the covers. I already posted the high-res version a couple of weeks ago but it is really ridiculous...that's why I put a smaller 2000px high version in the volume archives. The high-res is still awesome though (the source PSD files are nearly 200MB each...).

I might give my previous Oh! My Goddess release the same treatment since it doesn't take too long once you're used to it but probably not this year.

3 different series on one day aren't half bad but I just hope there aren't any major fuck-ups...while preparing all this some missing files here and there, having to re-do the Moribito files every 5 minutes so now I'm just sick of looking at this stuff.

Next week you'll get Haruhi-chan v03 and the first half of Eureka Seven re-scans on the weekend.

Enjoy

PS: Gonna start releasing Bokura ga Ita (We Were There) in February!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for Hetalia and Yotsubato :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for these three releases! Plus, looking forward to Bokura ga Ita as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please please please.. reupload seiri no moribito volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please reupload seiri no moribito!

    I can't find it anywhere! :(

    ReplyDelete