December 25, 2011

Release - The Super-Cool Life of Strawberry-chan


The Super-Cool Life of Strawberry-chan

Download: 2000px H MU | 2000px H MF | 4100px H MU | 4100px H MF

Note: Please use the MegaUpload links as much as possible so I can get a month or two of free premium service some day.

Merry Christmas (or Happy Holydays, if you don't like that...), here's the second volume of Strawberry-chan! Be sure to read yesterday's release first, if you haven't done so already and check out this week's other releases well, Sumomomo v10, Full Metal Panic Overload re-scan, and of course Strawberry-chan.

Here also something else, not really a release, maybe more of a preview (not even that really), the covers for Highschool of the Dead (Full Color Edition). I sat down yesterday, scanned them and did some quick editing to put everything together. This book is ridiculous though. It's size B5, much bigger than any other manga I have so far, and I'm gonna scan this?! I haven't done any other "test scans" yet but I reckon it shouldn't be a problem to work on this one, only the sheer size is going to be a pain in the ass. I will have to look up some stuff on color image editing, probably some filters, and maybe something for dust removal (if it isn't handled by the filters).
Now let's get to the files: 2000px H | 6100px H
Yep, that's right, 6100px height, that's the actual size...the book has a dust jacket, that's cover a and cover b, and the actual book, cover c. Cover a and cover c are basically the same, just that cover c is smaller (doesn't have these flaps like the dust jacket) The inside of the dust jacket has something like a pinup picture and it looks awesome of course but was a pain to edit. Especially in this one there are some noticeable areas that I'd do some touch-ups before the final release but just didn't feel like it yesterday night (e.g. 1/3 on the left side is a bit lighter than the rest, that's where I put two pieces together or there's a gray spot on one of Saya's breasts (girl with pink hair)).
If there's somebody who has experience with editing color images like this it'd be great if you could leave a comment or something, maybe you can help and show me a thing or two.

The rest of the year, I'm gonna take it slow, release just one more book over the next couple of days and announce what's going to happen next year soon after that.

Alright, I'm just going to spent the rest of today and tomorrow eating tons of food and whining because I ate too much, really, the perfect plan!

Enjoy Strawberry-chan and happy fapping to the HotD cover (or something like that...)

4 comments:

  1. I have a question ~ I hope you don't mind answering.

    Is there any romance in this series and/or in its prequel? I'm in an unromantic mood right now so I want a comedy that doesn't involve a love story; and I was wondering whether this one would fit the bill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say, this one fits perfectly.
    There isn't any romance at all, iirc. There are, of course, people liking/loving other people but it isn't a main focus and usually used for comedic effect or something like that.
    I have to say I haven't read the second book yet but I can't think of why it should just change all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good! Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this one too :)
    Happy holydays!

    ReplyDelete